Non-emergency phone number for King, Snohomish, Pierce, Clark Counties and Portland


Do you know what phone number to call if you do NOT have a police or fire emergency, but still need assistance?

It’s not 9-1-1! Instead, police in all of the counties in Froula’s service area now offer non-emergency phone numbers for the public’s use. Using these phone numbers rather than calling 9-1-1 allows people with real emergencies to get help more quickly rather than competing with those calling about non-emergency situations.

Examples of non-emergencies include illegal fireworks complaints, reports of crimes that occurred in the past, and complaints about a barking dog, etc. If you need immediate assistance for a crime in progress, a situation that involves a gun, a fire or a medical condition, you should still call 9-1-1.

We recommend programming the non-emergency phone number into your smartphone. Make sure your family has easy access to the number, such as programming it into your home phone or keeping the number right next to the phone.


King County has numerous non-emergency phone numbers – it all depends on where you’re located.  For a full listing, visit King County’s website at:

As of June 2016, Snohomish County launched the following non-emergency phone numbers.

Snohomish – Southwest county, including Snohomish County Fire District 1:

Snohomish – Everett as well as areas north and east:

If you’re unsure about which number to call, visit Snohomish County’s website for a Non-Emergency Contact Information Finder:

Clark County just released a new non-emergency number in July 2016. Simply dial 3-1-1 for non-emergencies. You can also call 360-693-3111 to reach a non-emergency dispatcher.

Call 715-273-5051 for non-emergency situations.

Call 503-823-3333 for non-emergency situations.